Historians research, analyze, record, and interpret the facts and timelines of the past. Many historians have a specialty. This specialty could include a particular state or country, a certain time, or a particular person or groups of persons (such as a presidential historian). A historian may also specialize in a less tangible field such as intellectual, cultural, political, or diplomatic history. History places emphasis on relationships among events, developments, ideas, and culture from all times and places. While it works to uncover valid analogies and comparisons. It recognizes uniqueness and tries to avoid the overly simple model. History provides and ideal focus for a liberal arts education and a functional basis for lifelong learning. Complete a Bachelor of Arts in one of the following:
- Elementary / Special Education emphases
- Secondary education emphasis
- Arts Foundation Manager
- Foreign Service Officer
- *Executive Coach
- Park Preservationist
- *History Professor
- *Legislative Analyst
- *Novelist / Editor
*May require additional education or certification
- 2016 Annual median salary for Historians is $76,350; employment is expected to grow 23% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Curators is $51,380; employment is expected to grow 24% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Archivists is $51,440; employment is expected to grow 23% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Lawyers is $118,000; employment is expected to grow 22% by 2024.
Go to https://studentlife.uccs.edu/, click on Clubs & Organizations. Or, search through Mountain Lion Connect. You can also contact the SLL Office for more information, (719) 255-3470 or email@example.com
For More Information
T. Rowe Price Career and Innovation Center